In this abstrac you will find exclusive and definitive instructions on how you can Download and Install macOS Catalina on MacBook Pro and Air.
The 6th generation of mac operating system is officially introduced on WWDC19 on 3rd Jun, 2019 called macOS Catalina. Apple calms that MacOS Catalina is the biggest and fast innovation ever made. This operating system as calmed includes various upgrades and elegant new features.
Major New Features of macOS Catalina:
- Project Catalyst: Apple announced the Project Catalyst on WWDC19. Basically this will allows you to use all apps available in Apps Store into in your mac platform. Furthermore, this project also allows the third party developers to create one single app for all the platforms.
- Sidecar: This is a great features for those who uses multi displays or for video and audio editors. Now you can use your iPad as secondary display next to your Mac which has improved multi tasking further. The cool thing about Sidecar is that it allows you to use Apple Pencil for artworks on your iPad and receive your work in your mac if you needed further editing.
- Find My Application: Find My Friend and Find My iPhone which used to operate separately is now combined into one single application called Find My Application.
- Voice Control: Voice Control an other cool new feature included in macOS Catalina. This allows you to control your whole mac with your voice without physical contact.
Furthermore, the iTune which lived a long period of time is now discounted and it is replaced by three enhanced applications (Music, Podcast and TV) on Mac. Therefore, after now you will not be required iTune to transfer data between your iPad or iPad and Mac.
How to Install macOS Catalina on MacBook Pro and Air?
Currently the macOS Catalina is on beta1 phase and only paid developer account are able to download it. The public beta is expected to released on July, 2019 where every Mac user will be able to experiment it. However, if you are a mac enthused and want to download and explore Catalina’s new features and functionalities before the public beta is released, follow my instructions below to download and install macOS Catalina 10.15 beta.
Step 1: Backup Your Data
As I said that macOS Catalina is on beta-1 phase which is pretty unstable and risky to install on your Mac. This instability may cause you to lose your data. Therefore, make sure to backup your data on a external hard drive, iCloud or any other cloud source. However, as far as time matters a lot the easy and simply way is to go for an external hard drive.
How Backup Your Data on a External Hard Drive?
For backing up your data on a external hard drive follow the step by step instructions provide below.
1. Attach your external hard drive to your Mac USB port.
2. Click on Apple logo at the left upper corner and choose “system preferences” and look for Time Machine and then open it.
3. Now click on “Select Backup Disk” to select the external hard drive you want to backup your data into it.
4. Check (tick mark) the “Encrypt backups” if you wanted to encrypt your data. Otherwise click on “Use Disk”. Then wait till is done.
Remember, that backing up your data may takes some times. Thus make sure to plug your computer to a power source and don’t eject the hard drive until it is done.
It is furthermore worth mentioning that using Time Machine to backup your data on a external hard drive will erase all the datas available on your external hard drive.
- Read: Download MacOS Catalina Virtual Image for VMware and VirtualBox
- Read: How to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows PC?
- Read: How to Install MacOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC
Step 2: Sign Up for Developers Account.
The beta-1 version of macOS Catalina only available for developer accounts. Therefore, in order to download macOS Catalina you need to sign up for Developers Program. Besides macOS Catalina beta 1 you can also download IOS 13.0, iPadOS, TVOS 13, and WatchOS 6 from developers account.
The Steps to sign up for developer program is pretty simple. However, if you don’t know how to do it, following the steps below.
- Create an Apple ID if you don’t have already one
- Go to developer.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID
- Enroll for developer program
- Turn on the Authentication on your Apple device and following on screen instruction.
- Confirm your payment
And you are done.
Step 3: Download MacOS Catalina 10.15
1. Open your mac internet browser and search for developer.apple.com
2. Choose “Account” on the right upper bar as shown on the picture below.
3. Login with the Apple ID you created the developer account before.
4. Look for the download button. You may find it below Documentations. as picture below.
5. Now search for the macOS Catalina 10.15 beta on the download window.
6. Once you find the macOS Catalina 10.15 beta click on “Install Profile” and wait till it is done.
7. Now open the downloads folder in your MacBook Pro or Air and then locate macOS Catalina Developer Beta Access Utility.
8. Double click on “macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg” and wait till it’s competely downloaded.
9. When it’s done with downloading the system preferences will check for updates to macOS Catalina 10.15 beta.
10. Now click on “update” to download macOS Catalina 10.15 beta and wait till it is done. Remember, it may take a while. Therefore, you are advised not to discounted your internet connection.
The exciting part comes now…
Install MacOS Catalina 10.15
Once macOS Catalina 10.15 beta is completely downloaded, it is time to install. To do so, following the instruction provide below.
- Now click on “Continue button” and agree to Apple Terms and Conditions. you may be asked several to click continue button.
- on Installation Type menu, choose “use password” and then following the instruction on the screen until the installation is done.
Congratulation! You have successfully installed the macOS Catalina 10.15 beta.
It was all about how your can download and install macOS Catalina on MacBook Pro and Air. I hope you find this article worthy and please share your comments and questions right below in the comment box. It would a pleasure answering you.