Direct Links to Download macOS Big Sur Without Developer Account for free of cost.
On Jun 26, 2020 at World Wild Developer Conference Apple Inc announced macOS Big Sur together with IOS 14, iPad OS 14, Watch OS 7 and many other outstanding upgrades. Apart from other software updates the macOS Big Sur received major performance enhancement, new UI design and tons of new features.
Since it is yet in beta-1 version and only paid developer accounts can have the fun to use it on Mac or MacBook, we decided to provide you the direct link to download macOS Big Sur without developer account and explore in the early stage.
But before we move further on, let’s talk about the new features and see if it is really worthy of upgrading.
The new features you will see in macOS Big Sur:
- Brand new design with entire operating system updated. Furthermore, the colors, and all of Apple’s core applications have been redesigned.
- All built-in apps and icons have been refurbished with a new theme.
- New control center that is similar to the one in iOS on iPhones.
- Update Notification Center with new widgets and grouped notifications.
- New Safari with faster performance, customizable start page, improved power efficiency, website previews, privacy improvements, Chrome extensions support, password monitoring.
- New Messages app now has the same features as the iOS version. It supports pinned conversations, improved search, mentions, inline replies and many more.
- New Map features such as the ability to save locations as Favorites, guides for places, cycling routes, electric vehicle routing, congestion zones, license plate restrictions, Indoor maps, look around, which shows eye-level photography of a location, the ability to monitor a person’s commute.
MacOS Big Sur Compatibility
Before you download and install macOS Big Sur you have to make sure that your Mac or MacBook you’re installing is compatible. To check whether your Mac or MacBook is compatible or not navigate to left upper corner on [Apple icon], then click on About This Mac and on overview tab check your mac model.
The models below support macOS Big Sur 10.16.
- MacBook 2015 and later
- MacBook Air 2013 and later
- MacBook Pro late 2013 and later
- Mac Mini 2014 and later
- iMac 2014 and later
- iMac Pro all models, including 2017 and later
- Mac Pro 2013 and later
Devices that no will not support macOS Big Sur
- MacBook Pro introduced in early 2013 and 2012
- McBook Air 2012
- iMac 2012 and 2013
- mac Mini 2012
Things to Do Download macOS Big Sur Without Developer Account
As I said before macOS Big is yet in early beta and only paid developers with $99/year can download and install it on mac or MacBook. However, if you have the budget to pay Apple Developer Account here is how you can download and install macOS Big for free of cost.
Backup Your Data:
MacOS beta versions are pretty unstable and many people has reported system crushes during updating. Thus, it wise to take some time and make a backup of your entire internal storage to an external drive or in free Cloud storages such as iCould, Google Drive or Mega.
Use Time Machine to backup on an external drive.
Time Machine is a build-in mac utility which enables you to backup your data on an external drive reliably and smartly. The backup process is simple and you only need to connect a free external drive with enough free space. Read below the procedure.
- Connect a free external drive to your mac
- Open spotlight and search for Time Machine
- Select your Backup Disk
- Once the drive is selected, click on Use Disk.
- Select Erase
- Your backup starts. Please allow at least a few hours for your first backup
For more information such as restoring files or your entire system, visit Apple Time Machine Support.
Download macOS Big Sur Without Developer Account With Direct Link
After everything is ready, you can procced further to download and install macOS Big Sur without developer account. To make the access simple and sweet we have included macOS Big Sur image on a cloud storage, where you will be able to download it within direct link.
- Download macOS Developer Beta Access Utility on your Mac.
- Double-click on the macOS Utility and install it.
- Open System Preferences > Software Update. Wait for macOS Big Sur update to appears.
- The download process may take a while. Once the download is completed you are good to install macOS Big Sur 10.16.
If you intend to download macOS Big Sur without developer account, you are in the right spot. Because here we have provided you the macOS Big Sur Public beta 1 without a developer account. It is also worth mentioning that before you get started with the installation process, make a full backup of your entire computer.