In this article you will find clear and definitive guides about how you can Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows PC just in couple of minutes.
VMware is a giant among its competitors for creating virtualization both in macOS and Windows PC. The macOS version is called VMware fusion and the window version VMware workstation.
VMware simply allows the users to run different and several operating system on a single platform without any hardware or operating system damage to a host computer where it is installed. Furthermore, it also allows to run a 64bit OS parallely on a 32bit operating system.
The most common features of VMware are included as below.
- Share files on a drag and drop between two operating systems
- Installation support for 64bit operating system on a 32bit operating system
- Network configuration and management
- Two or more monitor display supports
- Switch between two operating system without turning off the computer
- Bluetooth, HD surrounded sound, and USB supports
- Supports for creating virtual machine with more than eight virtual cores
- How to Install MacOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC
- Download MacOS Catalina Virtual Image for VMware and VirtualBox
Step One: Download and Install the VMware Workstation on Your Windows PC
You can download the VMware software form its official webpage. Once you downloaded the VMware proceed to installation phase. The installation is as simple as installing other softwares on windows pc.
However, if you don’t know the complete procedure of installation you may refer to VMware manual or on screen instrucyions where you will find the step by step guidance.
Step Two: Download macOS Catalina 10.15 VMDK File.
Currently the public beta and beta-1 version of macOS Catalina 10.15 is released.
The beta 1 is only avilable for paid developers accounts and the final version is expected on late 2019.
You can download the virtual image for VMware from the following links.
- Drive One: Download Link (one full)
- Drive Two: Download Link (one full)
- Mediafire: Download Link (one full)
Step Three : Create a New Virtual Machine on Windows PC
1. After installation, open the VMware workstation and create a new virtual machine.
2. Now Select the option “Typical” and click next to proceed to next step.
3. Next, choose the option “I will Install the Operating system later” and click next to proceed.
4. In this window you will find a bunch of options to select the operating system you want to run. In this case you have to go for the third option “Apple MacOS X”.
5. Now, choose a name your virtual machine and select the location you want the VMware to be installed.
Furthermore, you also need to adjust the amount of storage you want to dedicate to virtual machine.
Step Four: Edit the Virtual Machine Settings as following:
1. Edit Memory: Open VMware and go to Virtual Machine Setting => Hardware => Memory and decrease or increase the amount of memory you want to dedicate to virtual machine.
2. Edit Processor: Again Virtual Machine Setting => Hardware => Processor and select at least 2 cores for virtual machine.
3. Edit Hard Disk: Go to Virtual Machine Setting => Hardware => Hard Disk => Remove Hard Disk => Add Hard Disk => Select Hard Disk and click next =>Select SATA => Use an existing Virtual Disk => Browse for existing disk file => and click finish => OK
Step Five: Exit VMware
Now, completely exit VMware. To do so, go to File Tab and press exit.
In this step locate the macOS 10.15 Catalina where you placed. If you did not select a specific location by default you will find it in Documents Folder. And apply the following procedures.
1. Find “vmx” extension and open the vmx extension with notepad.
2. On notepad, paste the code (smc.version = “0”) at the very bottom. As shown below:
If you have done all the above steps correctly you are good to install MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
Step Seven: Install MacOS 10.15 Catalina on VMware on Windows PC.
Simply follow the below mentioned steps to install the macOS 10.15 Catalina on VMware Workstation on Windows Pc.
- Click on play button on the screen to start running the macOS Catalina, then select the your country and language.
- Proceed by choosing “Do not Transfer any Information to this Mac” otherwise the macOS Catalina will not run further.
- Either enter your Apple ID if your have or select “I will go with a basic local setup without Apple ID” and then create a user account.
- On the finally step based on your choose either select the Dark Mode or the Light Mode.
One of the essential ways to run macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows PC is using VMware Workstation. This will allow users to experiment and explore macOS 10.15 Catalina and softwares.
I hope you find this article worthy. If you have any feedback and question feel free to leave it in the comment box below.